How to Remove / Delete / Disable / Deactivate Facebook Timeline
Overview of How to Remove / Disable Facebook Timeline
If you hate Facebook Timeline and want to change back to viewing the old style, single column layout format for "Fan"/"Like" Pages, this guide is for you.
Guide to Disabling Facebook Timeline in Your Web Browser
- First, install the F.B. Purity browser extension, as it adds a function for disabling Facebook Timeline in your browser.
- After F.B. Purity is installed, when you visit Facebook you will see an "FBP" link at the top of the page, next to the search box, and when you visit "fan" aka "like" pages, next to that you will see a green "TL" button that looks like this:
Click the green "TL" icon in your browser and F.B. Purity will disable Timeline for you.
- Now visit any Fan/Like Page's Timeline, and you will see them displayed in a single column layout format, similar to the old style Like/Fan Pages.
- If at any time, you wish to view Timeline pages again in the usual 2 column layout, just click the "TL" icon with the red cross through it at the top right of your browser window, and Timeline will be restored.
- Please click the "Share" button below, to share this page with all your friends, that way they will also be able to use this solution to disable Timeline in their browsers, so they too can see all Timeline pages in the old style format:
*IMPORTANT UPDATE* Facebook have redesigned the Timeline pages layout, to have the main news stories in a single column, so I have removed the green "TL" button from the top Nav Bar as its no longer required.
N.B. There is no way to completely remove Timeline from your Facebook account, you can only "re-style" it to display differently in your own browser, as this is a browser extension based solution.
I hope this helps you,
If this solution worked for you or if you like F.B. Purity, please make a donation to show your appreciation for all the work i have put into developing this and keeping it running.
Become a fan of F.B. Purity on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest F.B. Purity news and developments
(C) 2014 - 2018 Excellatronic Communications
Further Recommended Reading
- F.B. Purity User Guide - Explains how to use F.B. Purity's various and useful functions.
- F.B. Purity Features List - Lists F.B. Puritys features, functionality and capabilities.
- How to Remove Trending Topics on FB - A guide on how to get rid of the Trending box.
- How to Disable Autoplay Videos on FB A guide on how to stop / disable Autoplay Videos on Facebook
- How to Hide the People You May Know box on FB A guide on how to turn off "People You May Know" on Facebook
- F.B. Purity Custom CSS Guide - Explains how to further customise Facebook by using your own CSS code in FBP's Custom CSS box.
- F.B. Purity Extras Guide - Explains how to filter out Extras (Extraneous) messages from your newsfeed.
- Customize Facebook's Reaction Images - Use Your own choice of images for the Facebook Reaction icons
- F.B. Purity FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - Has answers to the most frequently asked questions and solutions to common problems you may encounter with F.B. Purity.