How to get the old Facebook layout back by using Revert Site
** Important Information Please Read **
The info below is not currently correct as the method no longer works unfortunately.
Guide to getting the old facebook design / layout back with F.B. PurityThis method only works for the Chrome (and Chrome compatible browsers), Firefox (and Firefox compatible browsers) & Edge extension versions of F.B. Purity, ( If you are using an unsupported browser, I suggest you might want to install one of the previously listed browsers )
- First, install the Safe, Free and Top Rated F.B. Purity browser extension
- After F.B. Purity is installed, you should see a little FBP logo icon in the browser's extensions toolbar (the bar to the right of the browser's URL/Address bar as shown in the screenshot above). If its not there, you may need to look in the extensions overflow section (behind a puzzle piece icon on Chrome, as shown in the following screenshot:
or a double right facing chevron on Firefox as shown in the following screenshot:
once you have found the FBP extension button, click it to open FBP's Revert to old design option screen.
- Tick the Checkbox, then reload any Facebook tabs or pages that you have open in your browser, or just open Facebook.com in your browser
- That's it, you are done! Now whenever you visit Facebook in this browser it should open in the old design / layout format
Please Note If you are having problems getting the above method to work, I have created a super simple add-on called "Revert Site" that is very easy to use, just install it and you are done! (Please note Revert Site is also only available for the browsers mentioned above.
What to do if you are using Safari or the GM Script version of F.B. Purity or another unsupported browser?Unfortunately the above methods for reverting back to the old facebook layout do not work in those versions of FB Purity. But do not fear, you have a couple of other options.
- Use the built in Facebook option (if available) to revert to the old "Classic" version of Facebook, which is located under the triangle menu at the top right of any Facebook page. If you don't have that option, but are a Group or Page admin, you may have the Switch Back option at the top left of your Page/Group admin interface.
- If the Facebook option is not available to you, find what's known as a "User Agent Switcher" extension for your browser, then use it to set your browser's "User Agent" to "Internet Explorer 11", "Chrome 48" or "Safari 10", this will trick Facebook into thinking you are using an old out of date browser, and so will show you the older version of the Facebook site.
Become a fan of F.B. Purity on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest F.B. Purity news and developments
Further Recommended Reading
- F.B. Purity User Guide - Explains how to use F.B. Purity's various and useful functions.
- F.B. Purity Features List - Lists F.B. Puritys features, functionality and capabilities.
- How to Disable Autoplay Videos on FB A guide on how to stop / disable Autoplay Videos on Facebook
- How to Remove / Hide the People You May Know box on FB A guide on how to turn off "People You May Know" on Facebook
- F.B. Purity Custom CSS Guide - Explains how to further customise Facebook by using your own CSS code in FBP's Custom CSS box.
- F.B. Purity Extras Guide - Explains how to filter out Extras (Extraneous) messages from your newsfeed.
- F.B. Purity FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - Has answers to the most frequently asked questions and solutions to common problems you may encounter with F.B. Purity.