How to Customize Facebook Reactions with FB Purity
Guide to Customizing Facebook Reactions with FB PurityThis method works for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Maxthon ( If you are using Internet Explorer, I strongly suggest you install one of the previously listed browsers, as this method is not compatible with I.E. )
- First, install the Safe, Free and Top Rated F.B. Purity browser extension
- After F.B. Purity is installed, when you visit Facebook you will see a "FBP" link at the top of the page, next to the search box, click it to open the F.B. Purity options screen.
- Custom Reactions can be set by clicking the "Custom Reactions" heading in the left column of the FBP options screen, as seen in the screenshot.
- Click on the "Select a Reaction Pack" select box (as shown in the screenshot) and select the Reaction Image Set you would like to use. That will automatically fill the "Image Pack" box below it with the URL for the Custom Reaction image pack, and a preview window will pop up showing what the reaction images for that custom set will look like.
- Click the "Save and Close" button and you are done! Now the reaction images on Facebook will have changed to the Custom Set you've chosen.If you wish to turn off FBP's custom reaction images at any time, just untick the "Set" box next to the Reaction image set's URL.
Advanced Tutorial for making your own Custom Reaction Image Sets
- If you want to use your own custom reactions set that is not in the available list, you can manually enter the URL of a Custom Reactions Image Pack, which is the web address of a single image file that contains all 6 reaction images combined. Some example Image Pack URLs are listed below. You can copy and paste the one you wish to use into the Custom Reactions box on the FBP options screen, then click "Save & Close".
Custom Reaction Image PacksHere are some example Custom Reactions Image Pack URLs:
Tip: Hover mouse over the URLs to see a preview of the image pack
Screenshot shows F.B. Purity's Custom Reaction Images in action. The image pack featured is Rick from "Rick & Morty"
Comma separated reaction image list infoAnother way to set the Custom Reaction images, is to put a comma separated list of individual reaction images into the custom reactions box. The image URLs should be listed in the same order as they appear on the Facebook page i.e. (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry) Some examples of comma separated lists of Individual Reaction images you can try are:
Animated Reactions - See Video at top of page to see them in action
Animated Reactions 2 - Facebook's existing reactions, animatedCopy and paste one of the comma separated image lists above into FBP's Custom Reactions box to try it out. As in the example list titled "Animated Reactions", the reaction images can be animated gifs if you like, but they don't have to be, you can use any web image format, as long as they are all 48x48 pixels in size.
Please note: as with all changes FBP makes, it only changes what you see in your own browser. Known Issues: You should only use "https:// image URLs otherwise the security of the page may be compromised (the padlock in the browser's URL bar will disappear)
If you make any cool image packs of your own, or cool comma separated reaction image lists, please share them with me via the FBP Contact page, so I can include them in FBP so others can try out your cool creations :)
Become a fan of F.B. Purity on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest F.B. Purity news and developments
Further Recommended Reading
- F.B. Purity User Guide - Explains how to use F.B. Purity's various and useful functions.
- F.B. Purity Features List - Lists F.B. Puritys features, functionality and capabilities.
- How to get the old Facebook design back using F.B. Purity
- How to Disable Autoplay Videos on FB A guide on how to stop / disable Autoplay Videos on Facebook
- How to Remove / Hide the People You May Know box on FB A guide on how to turn off "People You May Know" on Facebook
- F.B. Purity Custom CSS Guide - Explains how to further customise Facebook by using your own CSS code in FBP's Custom CSS box.
- F.B. Purity Extras Guide - Explains how to filter out Extras (Extraneous) messages from your newsfeed.
- F.B. Purity FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - Has answers to the most frequently asked questions and solutions to common problems you may encounter with F.B. Purity.