How to Delete / Hide / Get Rid Of / Turn Off / Remove Trending Topics
**UPDATE June 2018** Please note Facebook have decided to permanently remove the Trending box from the right column and there is absolutely no way to bring it back again.
Guide to Hiding / Removing Trending Topics on Facebook with FB PurityThis method works for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Safari, & Maxthon ( If you are using Internet Explorer, i strongly suggest you install one of the previously listed browsers, as this method is not compatible with IE. )
- First, install the Safe, Free and Top Rated F.B. Purity browser extension
- After F.B. Purity is installed, when you visit Facebook you will see an "X" link at the top right of the "Trending" box, click the "X" to hide the "Trending" box.
- Thats it! No more Trending Topics! :D Please click the "Share" button below, to share this page with your friends, that way they will also be able to use this solution to get rid of Trending Topics on Facebook too
I hope this helps you,
P.S Bonus Tip: If you also want to hide "Trending Now" stories from showing up in your newsfeed, you need to tick the Hide "Trending Stories" option under the "Various Story Types" heading in the left column of the FBP options screen.
If this solution worked for you or if you like F.B. Purity, please make a donation to show your appreciation for all the work i have put into developing this and keeping it running.
Become a fan of F.B. Purity on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest F.B. Purity news and developments
Further Recommended Reading
- F.B. Purity User Guide - Explains how to use F.B. Purity's various and useful functions.
- F.B. Purity Features List - Lists F.B. Puritys features, functionality and capabilities.
- How to get the old Facebook design back using F.B. Purity
- How to Disable Autoplay Videos on FB A guide on how to stop / disable Autoplay Videos on Facebook
- How to Remove / Hide the People You May Know box on FB A guide on how to turn off "People You May Know" on Facebook
- F.B. Purity Custom CSS Guide - Explains how to further customise Facebook by using your own CSS code in FBP's Custom CSS box.
- F.B. Purity Extras Guide - Explains how to filter out Extras (Extraneous) messages from your newsfeed.
- Customize Facebook's Reaction Images - Use Your own choice of images for the Facebook Reaction icons
- F.B. Purity FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - Has answers to the most frequently asked questions and solutions to common problems you may encounter with F.B. Purity.