FB Purity v23.0.0 has been released and has lots of new options and fixes!!!!
Seasons Greetings, FBP Fans! I hope you have a lovely holiday season with your friends and family, I hope you are enjoying using FB Purity. If you have been using FBP for a while, and can afford it, donations are always welcome, heaps of gratitude to those who have donated to the cause already, Cheers!
Changes in this release:
- Fixed the “Hide Sponsored Box / Posts” option which wasn’t hiding “Suggested Posts” for some people, it also now also hides a new type of ad which are labeled as “Paid” instead of “Sponsored“.
- Fixed the “Sort Notifications Chronologically” option.
- Fixed the “Zap Comments” function that lets you press the “Z” key to hide comments that just consist of tagged (linked) names.
- Fixed the “Square profile pics” option, located under the “Font, Colour & Design” heading on the FBP options screen.
- Fixed hide “Watchlist” “Right column link” option.
- Fixed the style of the “X” (hide newsfeed post) button to make it less intrusive.
- Fixed the “Show Deactivated Friends” link in the “Deleted Friends Alert” popup.
- Fixed the “Custom Reactions” functionality, as it had stopped working properly.
- New “Custom Reactions” image packs: StarTrek – Facebook, Facebook – Moustache, Arnold Schwarzenegger,Top Gear, Grrr, “Animated Pokemon” and “Facebooks standard non animated” reactions sets.
Facebook Moustache Reactions Screenshot
Star Trek Reactions Screenshot
- New “Remove Comment Bubbles” option (located under the “Font, Color & Design” section of the options screen) that removes the “bubble” style design on comments on posts.
- New “Hide left column link” options for the following left column links: “Recent Ad Activity“, “Moves” and “Greetings“.
- New added hiding the “Messenger Kids” left column link to the hide “Messenger” left column link option. (N.B. you can access Messenger via the button in Facebook’s top navigation bar)
- Renamed hide “Find Friends” left column link option to hide “Discover People“
- New added “Hide Car Photo” to FBP’s photo content filters.
- New added hiding the “Did you know” box on your Timeline/Profile page to the “Hide Nagging Questions” option.
- Updated the “Hide Nagging Questions” option to also hide the rotating prompt in the intro section of your profile/timeline page asking you such things as “What makes you happy” etc and also the prompt to add a website link.
- Updated the “Shared a Memory” newsfeed filter to fix hiding “Year in Review” videos.
- Updated the hide “Your Memories” option to fix hiding “Your Year in Review“.
- Added “Suggested Shows” and “Get new episodes in your watchlist” to the “Hide Sponsored Box / Posts” option.
- Updated the “Transparent Newsfeed” option to make the “Trending” box and Status update box transparent.
- Added hiding the “Gaming Video” and “Live now in Popular Games” boxes in the right column to the hide “Game/App Requests” right column link option.
- Added “Places Trending in …” to the hide “Trending Posts” newsfeed filter option.
- Added “Celebrating Friendship” to the hide “Became Friends” newsfeed filter option.
- New option to “Hide Text Animations” located under the “Font, Colour & Design” heading, that removes the animations that are displayed if you type things like “xoxo“,”rad“,”lmao“,”bff“,”you got this!” in comments or statuses.
- Fixed “360 photos” being blank if background colour was set.
- Removed all “Ticker” related code because facebook has officially completely removed the ticker.
Important Information for Chrome Users of FB Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of FB Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension available directly from the Microsoft Edge store So the old method of installing the FBP GM Script via the Tampermonkey extension is no longer required. If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera . It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 402,000 users worldwide.