FBP v28.1.2 out now with new “Auto Hide” filter
Changes in F.B. Purity v28.1.2
- New: “Auto Hide” filter functionality. Auto Hide works in a similar fashion to the Text Filter, it will filter out posts containing any of the list of words or phrases you specify, but instead of just putting them in the “Extra” section where you can still view the hidden posts if you really want to (by clicking the “extra [ Show ]” link at the top of the Newsfeed ), it will put them in the “Extra” section but automatically click Facebook’s Hide Post button to properly hide the post from your newsfeed, so you won’t even see it in the Extra section. One advantage of this is in theory it should nudge Facebook’s algorithm into showing less posts of that type in future. As with the Text Filter, you can also use Regular Expression” syntax in the Auto Hide box. To access the Auto Hide filter box, click the “Auto Hide” link which is just above the big text box on the FBP settings screen, next to where it says “Text Filter.
- Fixed: a bug in the Newsfeed filtering functionality that was letting some posts slip past FBP’s filters
- Fixed: the Hide “People You May Know” option
- Fixed: Custom Reactions (mostly). Facebook has started using an inconsistent naming policy for their reaction images, so though this is mostly fixed, it may not work in some cases, and may break again if they start regularly randomising the reaction image class names.
- Fixed: the Hide “Shared a link” Newsfeed filtering option
- Fixed: “Hide Account Switcher Button” option (located under “Top Nav Bar Options”)
- Reminder: If you are using an old browser or Safari, the “Hide Sponsored Box / Posts” option may not work for you as that option uses a newer technology that your browser’s do not support. If you have that option turned on, and Sponsored posts (ads) are showing in your Newsfeed, you need to turn on a new option titled: Hide Posts from Pages that you haven’t “Liked” that is located under the “Link / Page Posts” heading on the FBP options screen. To learn more about this option, please read the Release Notes for the previous FBP release.
- Please Note: The “Stories” box used to live in the right hand column of the Newsfeed, but for some people Facebook have switched it so it shows in the middle column of the Newsfeed, directly beneath the Status update box. FBP’s existing option to hide the “Stories” box, which is located under the “Hide Right Column Links” heading on the FBP options screen, will also hide the “Stories” box when it is showing in the middle column.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
Once you have installed FB Purity for Chrome, you should from then on receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update” button at the top of the page (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important information for Firefox users of F.B. Purity
Firefox users who are getting the “Connection Failure” error when trying to install FBP, I have discovered the reason why this is happening. It is a known bug in Firefox that occurs if you are using Antivirus software that monitors your web browsing. The work-around, as mentioned in the FAQ is to right click on the install button, then select save, then install the extension by dragging and dropping it on to the Firefox extension management page. This Firefox bug can also prevent Firefox from automatically updating FBP when new versions are released.
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension obtainable directly from the Microsoft Edge store If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update. Please also note FBP is now also available in the Edge Store for the new development version of Edge that is based on Chromium.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera needs to be installed via the official Opera Add-ons site, which is where the green Install F.B. Purity button will take you to. Once it has been installed from there, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site (this process can take a few days after I upload an update), the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page, which if clicked will update all your Opera extensions to the latest versions. In order for the extension to update you may need to first close any open Facebook tabs.
To let other Opera users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity on the Opera Extensions Page
Important Information for users of the Brave Browser
FB Purity can now be easily installed in the latest release of the Brave browser by going to the FB Purity Chrome Webstore page and clicking the “Add to Chrome” button.
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: https://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Brave. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 452,000 users worldwide.