PSA: Facebook is spamming some people with unwanted popups nagging them to “Turn on Facebook Notifications”. It just wont go away. It only gives you 2 options, and if you click the “Not Now” button, the popup will return every time you log-in.
This post explains how to turn off the “Turn on Facebook notifications” popups:
1) Click the green “Turn on” button in the popup window.
2) If you havent already turned off “off site” notifications in the browser, a browser dialog should then pop up asking whether you want to allow notifications from facebook.com. Select the “Always block on this site” or “Never Allow” options (or equivalent). If you have already turned off browser notifications via the padlock icon at the left of the address bar, then you are already sorted and this step is not necessary.
L i k e and S h a r e this with your friends who may also suffering from this issue,
For those who don’t know what F.B. Purity is, its a safe, free and top rated browser extension that can be obtained via FBPURITY .COM
F.B Purity lets you clean up and customize Facebook. It has over 369,000 users worldwide and has been reviewed and highly recommended in the The Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, etc etc.
If you have any questions or problems with FBP, please visit the FAQ page on FBPURITY .COM where Frequently Asked Questions are answered, and there is also a Troubleshooting Guide that will help you fix the majority of problems that can occur, and also what to do if you have completed the Troubleshooting Process and are still having problems.
- FB Purity v9.7.1 Fixes hiding the “similar to” popup and other bugs caused by the new newsfeed design
- FBP News Roundup : Multiple issues affecting FBP plus solutions
- F.B. Purity v14.8.0 – Hide Live Box in right column and Discover Groups in left column
- F.B. Purity v14.7.0 – Lets you use Custom Reaction Images on Facebook