FBP V18.0.0 is out, it fixes the Revert Bubble Chat option and has new options for customising the Trending Box
Changes in this release:
- Fixed: Hide sponsored posts (Hide Ads) option, some ads were getting past FBP’s filters previously, that has now been fixed. Previously the ad hiding would work no matter what Facebook language setting you chose, but since Facebook changed their code, in order for FBP to filter the ads correctly, you should either set your Facebook language to English, or else put the word for “Sponsored” in your own language into FBP’s Text Filter box.
- Fixed: Revert Bubble Chat option (Under the Chat Options heading). For people who don’t like the new Messenger bubble chat interface, this option fixes it to make the message inbox look more normal and user friendly.
- Fixed: Images in messenger not opening in the “lightbox” when clicked in Messenger
- Fixed: Hide graphical emoticons option now hides the streaming/floating reaction icons on live videos
- Fixed: Made floating reactions on Live videos match the custom reactions if set
- New: Trending Box options: Theres a new cogwheel button next to the heading of the Trending Box (see screenshot below), which when clicked lets you access FBP’s new Trending Options. You can choose to hide the Trending Box (if you hide it, and want it back again you can show it by un-ticking the “Hide Trending Topics” option under the “Hide Right Column Links” heading on the FBP options screen) You can choose to “AutoClick the “See More” link to show more of the Trending Topics in the Trending Box. There are also options to hide Specific Trending Topics categories (Politics, Science, Sports and Entertainment), and you can also choose to autoselect a specific category
Screenshot showing FBP’s New Trending Topics Options Screen
- New: Hide left column link options for “Messenger“, “Marketplace“, “Insights“,”Create a Frame“, “Your profile link“. The existing Hide Games link option now also hides the “Games Arcade” link too
- New: Added a Hide “Child photo” image content filter (under the Photo Stories heading on the FBP options screen)
Turn off Post Tabs: For anyone wondering how to turn off the new Popup Tab Notifications that Facebook are testing out on some people, check the following infographic, or click the image to go to the post about it on the FBP Fan page and see the image full screen.
Important Information for Chrome Users of FB Purity
Now that FBP is back in the Chrome Webstore, if you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates, though you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for the real F.B. Purity in the Chrome Webstore
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 312,000 users worldwide.
- Remove Facebook Bubble Chat with F.B. Purity v9.1.0
- FB Purity v9.9.1 is out. It fixes the revert Bubble Chat and BA + WL links and various other issues.
- FB Purity v9.2.1 – Fixes Hide Facebook Bubble Chat Option – New Hide Liked “This” Option + More
- FB Purity v9.7.0 Fixes Hide Offline Friends in Chat, Remove Trending Topics & more bugfixes