- Install the ESR (Extended Support Release) version of Firefox over the top of your current Firefox installation (during installation, if asked select the “Replace” option which replaces the current Firefox installation). This reverts Firefox to a slightly earlier stable version of Firefox (v38), that still receives all the latest Firefox security updates. FBP will work fine in this version of Firefox. Please note the installation process for Firefox ESR is quick and painless.
- Switch to using a different browser that FBP will run on, e.g Google Chrome (or chrome clone), Opera or Maxthon.
- *Update* I’ve managed to get the functionality that filters out the Ads (suggested/sponsored posts) from the newsfeed working again in FF41/FF42/FF43. Clear your browser cache then re-install the FF extension via FBPURUITY .COM for the fixed ad filtering, though all other newsfeed filtering functionality is still currently broken.
When I figure out a solution to the newsfeed filtering issue in FF41/FF42 itself, I will post a news update about it, so please be patient until then, if you are not prepared to follow my recommendations on fixing the issue yourself.
If you have any other problems with FB Purity please follow all the steps in the Troubleshooting Guide on the FBP FAQ page
- Important News for Firefox users of FB Purity
- FB Purity v14.0.0 Fixes feed filtering for Firefox & the FF add-on is now signed!
- FB Purity v13.4.2 Some new stuff, plus lots of bug fixes – though not the FF42 newsfeed filtering issue
- FB Purity Firefox Extension Bug Fix Update for Firefox 17 Compatibility