- Install the ESR (Extended Support Release) version of Firefox over the top of your current Firefox installation (during installation, if asked select the “Replace” option which replaces the current Firefox installation). This reverts Firefox to a slightly earlier stable version of Firefox (v38), that still receives all the latest Firefox security updates. FBP will work fine in this version of Firefox. Please note the installation process for Firefox ESR is quick and painless.
- Switch to using a different browser that FBP will run on, e.g Google Chrome (or chrome clone), Opera or Maxthon.
- *Update* I’ve managed to get the functionality that filters out the Ads (suggested/sponsored posts) from the newsfeed working again in FF41/FF42/FF43. Clear your browser cache then re-install the FF extension via FBPURUITY .COM for the fixed ad filtering, though all other newsfeed filtering functionality is still currently broken.
When I figure out a solution to the newsfeed filtering issue in FF41/FF42 itself, I will post a news update about it, so please be patient until then, if you are not prepared to follow my recommendations on fixing the issue yourself.
If you have any other problems with FB Purity please follow all the steps in the Troubleshooting Guide on the FBP FAQ page
- Important News for Firefox users of FB Purity
- FB Purity v14.0.0 Fixes feed filtering for Firefox & the FF add-on is now signed!
- FB Purity v13.4.2 Some new stuff, plus lots of bug fixes – though not the FF42 newsfeed filtering issue
- FB Purity Firefox Extension Bug Fix Update for Firefox 17 Compatibility
I’ll just wait for the fix– patiently. Thanks for the great work.
I have Firefox 41.0.1 but I have not noticed anything unusual in my newsfeed–what are the problems that may occur? Thank you for your great work, Steve!
try any of the newsfeed filtering options and you will see what i mean
For example, you may notice that all those pesky games posts are back in the feed. I also began seeing the annoying “sponsored” advertisements but the fix above in step #4 worked to at least remove those. Hopefully we’ll see a full fix shortly! :D
So what happened to the installer for Firefox? It is no longer on the install page
read the info on the page, it explains everything.
Firefox 44 HAS REMOVED fb Purity COMPLETELY!!!
As per the FAQ Beta versions are not supported, also the article you are replying to explains how to get FBP working again.
Nope – I’m still getting the all the ads – aswell as everything else. Very annoying.
then you haven’t followed the instructions above correctly.
I really appreciate your work on this. I prefer Firefox over other browsers. The next best option would be Chrome but I was never a fan. I just wish FB would get their stuff together and give people the option to turn off the information overload. My friend liked something, my friend commented on something… ok, must I know that? Again, thanks for the work on this. Hopefully a fix will come through soon.
Mozilla, in Firefox 43, has blocked completely FB Purity 13.4.2. The last version “signed” by them is 184.108.40.206. Please, fix it, I love this extension and I’ll apreciate your special attention in this case. Thanks in advance.
check the latest post at http://facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity
Hello This plugin does not work for my broweser anymore, Firefox blocks it saying that it has not been verified,
Please help? :)
please visit http://facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity and read the latest news