Whats new in F.B. Purity Version 24.5.0
- Fixed the post privacy setting menu not going away after change privacy setting when the hide “Sponsored Box / Posts” option was turned on.
- Added hiding the “Your Story” section below the Status update box to the “Right Column” hide “Stories” box option. Please note, if you turn on the option to hide the “Stories” box, there is a short delay after the “Your Story” section shows up and it being hidden.
- Added button to clear “Your Categories” under the “Your Information” heading on Facebook’s “Ad Preferences“ page.
- Fixed transparent Post button and privacy selector menu, if the “Transparent Newsfeed” option was turned on.
- Fixed rounded images in messenger if “Revert Bubble Chat” option was turned on
- Removed option to filter the “Trending” box, instead it will filter the Trending box by default if there’s text in FBP’s “Text Filter” box. Though its worth noting Facebook has said it plans to get rid of the Trending feature in a few days, and they are going to replace it with something else.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important information for Firefox users of F.B. Purity
Firefox users who are getting the “Connection Failure” error when trying to install FBP, I have discovered the reason why this is happening. It is a known bug in Firefox that occurs if you are using Antivirus software that monitors your web browsing. The work-around, as mentioned in the FAQ is to right click on the install button, then select save, then install the extension by dragging and dropping it on to the Firefox extension management page. This Firefox bug also prevents Firefox from automatically updating FBP when new versions are released.
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension obtainable directly from the Microsoft Edge store If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera is now initially installed from this site via the “Inline” install method which actually sideloads the extension from the official Opera extensions website. Once it has been installed in that manner or via the Opera extensions site itself, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site, the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page.
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: https://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera . It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 437,000 users worldwide.
- FBP 23.2.2 Fixes the hide sponsored posts (ads) on Facebook option
- FB Purity v22.0.0 is out now, with an Easy hide post (X) Button + Chronological Notifications option + more…
- FB Purity v23.1.0 Hides the new “Suggested For You” box – and lets you filter stories in the Trending Box
- F.B. Purity v15.0.1 – New options: Hide Fundraisers Section & Today’s Games & Lots of bug fixes
I want to disable the ‘My Story’ function – it won’t allow me to post any links on my timeline! How can I do this?
If you have any problems, please follow the Troubleshooting Guide at https://fbpurity.com/faq.htm#troubleshooting