FB Purity v23.1.0 has been released, it hides the new “Suggested For You” box and lets you filter stories in the Trending Box with the FBP Text Filter.
Happy New Year, FBP Fans! I hope your new year is going well and I hope you are enjoying using FB Purity to keep your Facebook clean and tidy. Maintaining and Updating FB Purity is a lot of work, so if you have been using FBP for a while, and can afford it, donations are always welcome, heaps of gratitude to those who have donated to the cause already, Cheers!
Changes in this release:
- Fixed the “Hide Sponsored Box / Posts” option to hide the new “Suggested For You” box (which is a box containing a list of videos Facebook thinks you should watch, located to right of the Newsfeed). This option is turned on by default when you first install FB Purity, so just installing or updating FBP should be enough to remove the “Suggested For You” box.
- Fixed the “Sort Notifications Chronologically” option. **Update** it seems there’s still a minor bug in this option, but it shouldn’t happen too often, where sometimes the notifications list may go blank if you are receiving lots of notifications at a rapid pace. If this happens just close the list and re-open it and it should show up again. Alternatively, if its causing problems you could turn this option off for now, and just click the “See All” link at the bottom of the notifications list, as that will show your notifications sorted chronologically too.
- Fixed “Hide all Videos” option
- Fixed the hide “Graphical Smileys / Emoticons” option
- New option titled “Apply ‘Text Filter’ to Trending Box”, located on the Trending Box options screen, which can be accessed by clicking the cogwheel icon at the top left of the “Trending Box”. With this option ticked, FBP will filter out any stories containing any text you have entered into FBP’s “Text Filter” box.
Important Information for Chrome Users of FB Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of FB Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension available directly from the Microsoft Edge store So the old method of installing the FBP GM Script via the Tampermonkey extension is no longer required. If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera . It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 409,000 users worldwide.
- F.B Purity Update v7.5.1 – Fixes the ‘Hide Trending Articles’ Option, Hide sponsored box option also now hides sponsored stories in the newsfeed.
- FB Purity v22.0.0 is out now, with an Easy hide post (X) Button + Chronological Notifications option + more…
- FBP v23.0.0 is out, fixing the ad hiding, and chronological notification sorting, fixing bubble comments, plus lots of other fixes and new options
- F.B. Purity v15.1.0 fixes hiding Facebook’s suggested/sponsored posts (ads) & also fixes the newsfeed filtering options