FBP V17.2.0 has been released, it fixes coloured statuses, plus lots more
Changes in this release:
- New: Added Autoclick “Explore : See More” & Autoclick “Shortcuts :See More” options that let you automatically expand the “Shortcuts” and “Explore” left column headings. These new options are located under the “Left Column Links” heading on the FBP options screen.
- Fixed: Hiding the new Colour Statuses. By default FBP will return statuses with coloured backgrounds, to normal. (They may have a plain thin dark outline around them, so you can see that they are not normal statuses) If you have the latest FBP installed you can toggle the “Normalize Colored / Big Font Statuses” option (located under the “Fonts, Colour & Design” heading on the FBP options screen, to allow colored backgrounds or hide the coloured backgrounds depending on your preference.
- Fixed: The Hide “Moments” link in left column option should work now.
- Fixed: The “Clear Advertisers with FBP” button, that lets you easily remove all the Advertisers on the Edit Advertising Prefs page
- Fixed: “Deleted friend Alerts” replay link was not showing in left column of new left column design when an alert was available
- Fixed: FBP News link was not showing in left column of new left column design
- Fixed: the Hide “Commented on this” filter
- Fixed: the Hide “Wrote on Timeline” option. This option should now be more robust and not need regular updating.
- Fixed: Transparency issue with new left column design. If you use a background image and the transparency option, the nub to the left of the links where the cogwheel icon used to be has been removed.
- New: Image content filter: “Smoking Image“, also image classification feature now works on a multi image post
- New: Added new Custom Reaction Image sets ( Shia LaBeouf, Mr T, Reimu Hakurei, Barack Obama, Mark Zuckerberg )
- New: Added “Create a frame” to the hide “Create Section” option under “Left Column Links” heading
- Changed: Moved the “Freeze Left Column” option to the “Left Column Options” section
- Changed: Renamed the “Hide Left Column Links” heading on the FBP options screen to just “Left Column Links“
Now that FBP is back in the Chrome Webstore, if you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates, though you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To make sure people don’t fall for fake versions of FB Purity, please leave a 5* review for the real F.B. Purity in the Chrome Webstore
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
Facebook News that is relevant to all FBP Users
Important News about the “Most Recent” Feed
Facebook has decided to break their “Most recent” newsfeed even more than it was before, they are now bumping old posts that have new comments or new likes and are not labelling those posts as such (i.e. they are no longer putting the “person x liked this” or “person x commented on this” label at the top of the bumped posts, so fbp can no longer filter those bumped posts out) A workaround for this is to use FBP’s “manual” newsfeed Re-Sort function, which you can activate by pressing the “R” key on the keyboard, which will re-sort the currently loaded stories in the feed into their correct chronological order)
Important News for those who have the New Left Column Design
Not everybody has new the left column design (it has different and fewer section headings than the normal design, which include “Shortcuts” and “Explore“. If you have previously hidden the “Apps Section” when you had the old left column design, you should know that this actually hides the “Explore” section in the new left column design. The reason for this is because Facebook re-used the same CSS identifier for the new section. So if you are missing any particular links in the left column, make sure you have un-checked the Hide “Apps Section” option.
If you have the new Shortcuts Section, its basically similar to the old “Favourites” section, and can be edited to suit your preferences. There is an “Edit” link to the top right of this section, and clicking it brings up options for adding links you use frequently or hiding links you no longer want to be shown in that section.
In the new left column design the Friends Lists no longer show up, you now need to click the “Friends list” link to access them, also Facebook have removed the Interest Lists functionality, though you may still be able to access your old Interest Lists if you have bookmarked them, or if you can remember the names you gave them, you should be able to find them by searching for their names in the Facebook search box at the top of any Facebook page.
One thing a lot of people miss is the ability to organise your Shortcuts easily, one solution to this is to create a folder in your browser’s bookmarks toolbar, and put all the Facebook pages/groups/friends lists you wish to access easily in that folder, you can even have subfolders if you like, and can keep your facebook bookmarks organised neatly any way you choose.
News about a new Facebook Test – Comment Thread Notifications Popup Tabs
Facebook is testing out a new annoying feature that has apparently only been released to a small group of people so far. Its a new type of popup that occurs when someone comments on a post thread that you have also commented on. It seems, Facebook has added an option to turn off these new popup comment notifications, you can access the option by clicking the cogwheel icon at the bottom right of facebook that controls the chat options, as seen in this screenshot:
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 300,000 users worldwide.
- FB Purity v14.3.1 Fixes Expand News Column, Adds WebFont Preview box plus lots of bugfixes
- FB Purity v9.8.0 – Expand News Column, Hide List Header Images + Bug fixes
- F.B. Purity v14.8.0 – Hide Live Box in right column and Discover Groups in left column
- FB Purity v23.1.0 Hides the new “Suggested For You” box – and lets you filter stories in the Trending Box