FB Purity v14.9.1 has been released
FBP v14.9.1 Changes Summary:
- Updated: the “News Sort : Most Recent” option to also clear the “POSTS YOU HAVEN’T SEEN” section at the top of your friend’s Timeline pages, so it shows their Most Recent Posts at the top, as you would expect.
- Fixed: the “Friends Feed” option which had stopped working, and also fixed the constant refreshing that could occur if that option was selected.
- Fixed: the text smileys that were showing alongside the graphical smileys, if you had set a font size using the “Font Size” option
- New: I’ve added a “View Live Grid” Link at the top of the Live Video Map page, gives you a grid based view of current Live Users.
Known issue with the live grid, for users of the Firefox extension version of FBP if you click one of the images in the live grid in firefox, it opens the video in a new tab, FBP will not be active in the new tab, and you will need to refresh the page to activate FBP in that tab. A solution to this, is to use the GM Script version of FBP instead of the extension version, as that issue does not occur with that version. The GM Script version of FBP is on the same Install page as the extension version.
- New: Option to hide the “Your Posts” link, under the “Hide Left Column Links” heading
- New: “Enlarge Reaction Images” Option, under the “Custom Reactions” heading. I’ve also made it easier to select the existing Custom Reactions from the Custom Reactions page. Hovering over the example URLs on that page will display a preview of what the reaction images look like and clicking on a URL will select the URL, you then just need to right click and copy and paste it into the Custom Reactions box on the FBP Options screen.
- Updated: If you tick the “Hide Nagging Questions” option (under the Timeline Options heading on the FBP options screen) it should also now get rid of those Facebook Greetings you get under the Status box on the Newsfeed page.
Install / Update the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install FB Purity” button on the FB Purity Install Page.
Please note Chrome users can try updating the extension by going to the Chrome Extensions management page then ticking the “Developer Options” box, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button.
If you have any problems or questions with/about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FBP has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc.
- FBP v13.2.1 fixes “Hide offline friends” & “Sort: Most Recent” bugs
- FB Purity v13.4.1 gives you access to the Friends Feed and also fixes filtering for list pages
- F.B. Purity v14.8.0 – Hide Live Box in right column and Discover Groups in left column
- New method for evading Facebook’s ads – Use F.B Purity to view the Friends Feed without any ads!