FB Purity v13.4.1 has been released!
Changes in this version:
- Fixed: “Changed location” newsfeed filter, this filter wasn’t working very well previously. Now it should hide all Check-in type newsfeed posts that feature a map.
- Fixed: Selecting the “Top Stories” menu item when you had the “Sort feed: Most Recent” option turned on, was not working correctly. This is fixed now.
- Fixed: With the “Sort Feed: Most Recent” option switched on, sometimes when attempting to go to a notification, it would instead take you back to the newsfeed after showing the “Switching Sort Order to Most Recent” message.
- Fixed: Filtering on list pages (Friend lists and Interest lists) wasn’t working for the first few posts on the page
- New: “Hide Group Conversations” in Chat (Sidebar) option. Previously the hide offline friends option would also hide the group chats, this is now fixed, and theres now a separate option to show/hide group chats. This option is located under the “Chat Options” heading.
- New: Hide Send Money Button (in Chat) option. This option is located under the “Chat Options” heading. (I think only people in the USA are seeing the send money button at present)
- New: Friends Feed and Photos Feed newsfeed menu options (under the Newsfeed dropdown menu at the top left of the newsfeed page). The friends feed is basically just stories from your friends, (no fan page stories and it doesn’t seem to have the issue of showing posts out of order, like the “Most Recent” feed does), the photos feed, is just photo stories from your friends. N.B if your net connection is quite slow, these menu options won’t show up due to a currently unresolved timing issue.
- New: Hide “Edit Profile” link option (under left column link options)
Install / Update the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install FB Purity” button on the FB Purity Install Page
If you have any questions or problems with FB Purity, please read and follow the advice on the FB Purity FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page, thanks.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Please also tell all your Facebook friends about FBP too,
FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customise Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features and has been reviewed and highly recommended in none other than the Washington Post!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
- FB Purity v13 is out now, it fixes filtering on friend list pages. Clean up Facebook with FB purity
- FBP v13.2.1 fixes “Hide offline friends” & “Sort: Most Recent” bugs
- FB Purity Update v8.0.1 – Adds options for hiding Games Feed and Pages Feed, Apps, Groups, Interests Links in Left Column + more
- FB Purity v13.4.2 Some new stuff, plus lots of bug fixes – though not the FF42 newsfeed filtering issue
Need help. I cannot find an “unfriended archive” (sic), a list of “friends” who “unfriended” me. Does this exist? How to get to it?
How do I completely get rid of the friends feed? I checked the box to to completely get rid of newsfeed but that is still popping up. Thanks!
in order to hide the newsfeed, with the hide newsfeed option, you also need to turn off the “sort news: friends feed” option
How to I get to Friends feed ??
please read the post you are commenting on, it is explained there
mine keeps saying “switching to friends feed” everytime I visit facebook. its slow and annoying. how do I turn this off?
turn off the fbp option that switches to friends feed