Changes in F.B. Purity v34.2.4
- Fixed hiding Sponsored Posts (Please Note: due to the way facebook deploys new code to random groups of people, this option may still not work now f0r some people, though it seems to be working ok for the majority,) This option should hide the Sponsored posts (ads) in the Newsfeed and those in the right hand column.
- Fixed Newsfeed filtering in general (including the Text Filter and Auto Hide filter and most of the built in Newsfeed filters such as the Reels filter for example.
- Fixed the Hide Reels filter option (located under the “Video Posts” heading on the FBP options screen, also fixed hiding the “Stories / Reels / Rooms” box at top of feed if all relevant hide options (Stories, Reels & Rooms) are ticked
- Fixed the bug where the whole Watch feed would get hidden if an ad was detected
- Fixed the hide Group Conversations option (located under the Chat options heading)
- Fixed the “Show more friends” (in chat) option (it makes the profile icons smaller in the chat list, so more names will fit in the right column)
- Fixed the Hide “Offline friends in chat” option.
- Fixed the hide “Friend requests” in the Right Column option
- Fixed the Show Deactivated Friends function ( To try it click the “Show deactivated friends” link on fb.com/me/friends )
- Fixed a bug in the “Hide profile hovercards” option that was causing the contact list in chat box in the right column to disappear
- New Added buttons for clearing the Facebook ad preferences page (Advertisers and Ad topics)
- Known Issue: The “Move Nav Bar to the Top” option is broken due to a facebook code change.
If you are using Chrome (or chrome clone), Firefox or Opera and have FBP installed already it should update itself to the latest version automatically. If you are using the GM Script version of FBP you can go to the script install page on install.fbpurity.com and click the install script link, then follow the on screen instructions to update the script.
If you have Microsoft Edge and are using the Edge extension version of FBP you wlil need to wait a few days before they review and approve the latest extension update. Alternatively you can switch to using the Chrome extension version of FBP, as Edge can also run Chrome extensions.
Get FB Purity here: https://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those people who have generously donated! :)
Please tell all your friends about F.B. Purity too, as I’m sure they will appreciate it. One way you can help spread the word about FBP, is to go to https://fb.com/fluffbustingpurity and click the red “Invite Friends” link that appears near the top of the Page, then invite all your friends.
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera & Brave. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads including Sponsored Posts, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 478,000 users worldwide.
- F.B. Purity v15.1.0 fixes hiding Facebook’s suggested/sponsored posts (ads) & also fixes the newsfeed filtering options
- F.B. Purity v25.0.0 fixes hiding Sponsored Posts in the Newsfeed!
- F.B. Purity v33.6 is out now! It fixes many things including hiding “Sponsored Posts”
- FBP 23.2.2 Fixes the hide sponsored posts (ads) on Facebook option