F.B. Purity v32.1.3 is out now! New Video ad blocker function & fixes image content filtering & more!
Changes in F.B. Purity v32.0.2
- Updated: the bypass Facebook Video ads solution: which is the”Enable FBP Video Player” option, located under the Further Options heading, The option is located just above the “Save & Close” button on the FBP options screen. Check the FBP Video Player FAQ below for more info on this option.
- Fixed the image content filtering options (located under the”Photo Posts” heading of the Newsfeed Filters section of the FBP options screen.
- Fixed: the hide “Profile Hover Cards” option (located under the “More Options” heading on the FBP options screen.
- Fixed: The FBP button (for opening the FBP options screen) in the top navigation bar was was taking many seconds to appear and even disappearing or not appearing at all for some people, this should be fixed now, fingers crossed.
- Fixed: FBP News notifications, you should once again start getting red and white notifications below the FBP button when there are new posts from the FBP Fan Page on Facebook. If you dont wish to be notified about FBP news in this manner, untick the “Show FBP News Notifications” option which is below the Text Filter box on the FBP options screen, though I wouldnt recommend doing that, as I tend to post very important and relevant information regarding Facebook changes that can cause problems with FBP, and about new FBP features and updates etc.
- New: If you want to hide the “Remember password?” box that facebook always displays after you log in, tick the the “Hide Nagging Questions” option (located under the “Timeline Options” heading on the FBP options screen
- Changes in v32.1.1
- Fixed: Hide notification popups option (the ones that popup in the bottom left corner)
- Fixed: Hide “Someone is typing a comment” option
- Fixed: “Hide Whole Newsfeed” option
- Fixed: New user welcome screen
- Added: dark mode to FBP video player (it now automatically detects if you are using Facebook in dark mode)
- Changes in v32.1.2
- Fixed the hide “Shared a link” option. Previously if this option was selected, the whole fbp newsfeed filtering system would break (including breaking hiding sponsored posts, people you may know and suggested for you etc) That issue and the option itself is fixed now.
- Changes in v32.1.3
- Fixed the Hide profile Hovercards option
- Fixed Top Nav Bar Background Colour option
- Fixed the Hide “Stories” box option, it was previously also hiding actual stories themselves, if opened from a notification or via direct link, this should be fixed now so it only hides the stories box at the top of the Newsfeed.
FBP Video Player FAQ:
- It doesn’t work on all videos (for example GIF and Live videos), it should work on most others though.
- It’s best to turn off Facebook’s video auto play setting (located at https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=videos , (otherwise the FBP Video Player dialog box will pop up every time a video post appears on the screen as you scroll the page down)
- It may popup occasionally when it shouldn’t for example if theres a profile video on the screen or an auto playing cover video.
- The resolution of videos played in the FBP video player is low, because it needs to use the video from the mobile version of Facebook which is lower resolution than the desktop sites video quality, for faster transmission and lower file size.
- Because the videos are sourced from the Facebook mobile site, the size of the videos may be a bit on the small side, however the FBP video player lets you double click the video to make it full screen, or you can use the video size controls at the top of the page, to change the size of the video to a size you prefer.
- When the video has mouse focus, you can use the left and right arrow keys as a shortcut for skipping backwards and forwards in the video.
- If you want to leave the FBP video player video screen and go back to the Newsfeed quickly, press the Esc key on the keyboard.
- If there are multiple videos in a Facebook post, the FBP video player wont work (click “Cancel” on the popup dialog box, to use the normal facebook video player instead)
- If you are using Firefox, after clicking to open the video in a new tab, Firefox will by default block the new window from opening, as it is set to block “popup” windows. A warning message should show at the top of the screen, giving you options to either unblock popups on facebook.com or just allow this specific popup to open. By default Firefox won’t allow the video in the new tab to autoplay either, so you may need to change another Firefox setting to allow that, if you want it to autoplay right after the new tab is opened.
Revert Site News
In other news, as mentioned previously Revert Site has stopped working due to a Facebook code change, and I have not figured out a solution to get it back. If I do, you can be sure I will post about it here, and also on the FBP and Revert Site fan pages on Facebook.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
FBP Chrome Update Process: After FB Purity for Chrome is first installed, you should from then on receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update” button at the top of the page (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important information for Firefox users of F.B. Purity
Once you have installed the Firefox version of FB Purity, it should auto-update itself when I release new versions. Firefox users who are getting the “Connection Failure” error when trying to install FBP should know this is a known bug in Firefox that occurs if you are using Antivirus software that monitors your web browsing. The work-around, as mentioned in the FAQ is to right click on the install button, then select save, then install the extension by dragging and dropping it on to the Firefox extension management page. This Firefox bug can also prevent Firefox from automatically updating FBP when new versions are released.
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera needs to be installed via the official Opera Add-ons site, which is where the green Install F.B. Purity button will take you to. Once it has been installed from there, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site (this process can take a few days after an FBP update is published), the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page, which if clicked will update all your Opera extensions to the latest versions. In order for the extension to update you may need to first close any open Facebook tabs.
To let other Opera users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity on the Opera Extensions Page
Important Information for users of the Brave Browser
FB Purity can now be easily installed in the latest release of the Brave browser by going to the FB Purity Chrome Webstore page and clicking the “Add to Chrome” button, once installed it will also autoupdate when new FBP releases are made.
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of F.B. Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COMand then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: https://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those people who have generously donated! :)
Please tell all your friends about F.B. Purity too, as I’m sure they will appreciate it. One way you can help spread the word about FBP, is to go to https://fb.com/fluffbustingpurity and click the “Invite Your Friends To Like this Page” link that appears in the left column, then invite all your friends.
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera & Brave. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 476,000 users worldwide.
- FB Purity v11.0.0 : New Background Image and Font Colour Options, also ability to set any FB image as your background pic
- F.B. Purity v24.0.2 – Kills “Up Next”, saves video volume preference & various fixes
- FB Purity v14.9.1 – Sort Most Recent on Friend’s Timeline pages, new View Live Grid function + bug fixes
- FB Purity v14.0.0 Fixes feed filtering for Firefox & the FF add-on is now signed!