Changes in F.B Purity v29.2.2
- Fixed the hide “Sponsored Box / Posts” option.
- Fixed hide “Stories” box option to hide “Stories” posts in Newsfeed. (relies on your Facebook language setting being set to English, it it isnt, you need to use FBP’s Text Filter intstead)
- Fixed the hide “Commented on this” and hide “Tagged in this” options.
- Fixed the hide “going to/interested in event” filter option.
- Fixed the hide “People you may know” filter option to auto-hide that box when it shows in the Newsfeed. (relies on your Facebook language setting being set to English, it it isnt, you need to use FBP’s Text Filter intstead)
- Added hiding “Add this photo to your story” message below your uploaded photos to the hide stories option
- Fixed hiding “Instant Game” (Click to Play) posts when the hide “game / app posts” option is turned on.
- Fixed hiding the “Suggested groups” box in right column option that shows on Pages you admin, if you have the hide Suggested Groups option turned on.
- Updated the extension / toolbar icon
Known Issue with “Clear Advertisers” functionality: Facebook has changed the way the advertisers page works, its no longer possible to clear the advertisers on the facebook ad preferences page, they now expect you to contact each Advertiser on that page individually, and ask them to remove you from their marketing lists / databases etc, they should give use a simpler way to do this, as it is a lot of work and a very annoying and inefficient process.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
FBP Chrome Update Process: After FB Purity for Chrome is first installed, you should from then on receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update” button at the top of the page (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important information for Firefox users of F.B. Purity
Once you have installed the Firefox version of FB Purity, it should auto-update itself when I release new versions. Firefox users who are getting the “Connection Failure” error when trying to install FBP should know this is a known bug in Firefox that occurs if you are using Antivirus software that monitors your web browsing. The work-around, as mentioned in the FAQ is to right click on the install button, then select save, then install the extension by dragging and dropping it on to the Firefox extension management page. This Firefox bug can also prevent Firefox from automatically updating FBP when new versions are released.
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension obtainable directly from the Microsoft Edge store If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera needs to be installed via the official Opera Add-ons site, which is where the green Install F.B. Purity button will take you to. Once it has been installed from there, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site (this process can take a few days after an FBP update is published), the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page, which if clicked will update all your Opera extensions to the latest versions. In order for the extension to update you may need to first close any open Facebook tabs.
To let other Opera users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity on the Opera Extensions Page
Important Information for users of the Brave Browser
FB Purity can now be easily installed in the latest release of the Brave browser by going to the FB Purity Chrome Webstore page and clicking the “Add to Chrome” button.
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: https://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Brave. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 468,000 users worldwide.
- FBP 23.2.2 Fixes the hide sponsored posts (ads) on Facebook option
- FBPurity v29.3.6 is out now – Fixes Hide Sponsored Posts, Sort Notifications Chronologically and Hide Animated Gifs options.
- F.B. Purity v25.0.0 fixes hiding Sponsored Posts in the Newsfeed!
- F.B. Purity v15.1.0 fixes hiding Facebook’s suggested/sponsored posts (ads) & also fixes the newsfeed filtering options