A Facebook code change today, caused a bug in F.B. Purity that was causing all newsfeed posts to be hidden if the Hide “Sponsored Box / Posts” option was turned on.
This release v24.1.0 fixes that bug.
Whats new in F.B. Purity Version 24.1.0
- Fixed: All newsfeed posts were being hidden if the Hide “Sponsored Box / Posts” option was turned on. This is fixed in this release. (Please note: if you are using the Edge or Opera browsers, you will need to wait for the FBP update to be manually approved by those companies, before you will be able to get the update, it usually takes a day or 2 for the updates to be processed.)
- Fixed: The “Clear Interests with FBP” button on the Facebook “Ad Prefs” page should now clear out a lot more of the interests with each press, as it now automatically expands the “See More” links for each category before clearing the interests in that category.
- New: The Hide “Marketplace” option under the “Left Column Links” heading on the FBP options screen, now also hides the “Recently Viewed in Marketplace” box that shows on the right hand side of the page.
- How to: How to hide the “More Information about this Article” button. Some people have been asking how to hide the new (i) button that appears on posts from Pages in the Newsfeed, titled “More information about this article”, I have posted some CSS code on the F.B. Purity CSS page that lets you hide that button.
- Known Issue: It seems the bug in the “Sort Notifications Chronologically” option, that was causing the notifications in the Globe menu dropdown to disappear, leaving just the “See All” link behind, has resurfaced. The workaround for this issue is to turn off the “Sort Notifications Chronologically” option, which is located under the “Notifications” heading on the FBP options screen. I’m still working on a fix for this.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension available directly from the Microsoft Edge store So the old method of installing the FBP GM Script via the Tampermonkey extension is no longer required. If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera is now initially installed from this site via the “Inline” install method which actually sideloads the extension from the official Opera extensions website. Once it has been installed in that manner or via the Opera extensions site itself, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site, the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page.
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
If you can’t update yet (Edge and Opera users) check the image below for the temporary fix for the hidden posts in the Newsfeed bug:
- FBP 23.2.2 Fixes the hide sponsored posts (ads) on Facebook option
- F.B. Purity v15.1.0 fixes hiding Facebook’s suggested/sponsored posts (ads) & also fixes the newsfeed filtering options
- FBP v23.0.0 is out, fixing the ad hiding, and chronological notification sorting, fixing bubble comments, plus lots of other fixes and new options
- FB Purity v22.0.0 is out now, with an Easy hide post (X) Button + Chronological Notifications option + more…