F.B. Purity v24.0.2 Kills “Up Next”, Saves video volume preference & various other fixes and new stuff
Whats new in F.B. Purity Version 24.0.2
- New: Auto kill the “Up Next” automatic playing of a random video after the video you have chosen to watch ends
- New: Added hiding the “What your friends are watching“, “Shows From Facebook Watch” and “Continue Watching on Facebook Watch” boxes to the hide “Watchlist” option (located under the “Hide Right Column Links” heading on the FBP options screen.
- New: Added hiding the “Discover Members” box (that appears in groups) to the hide “People You May Know” option
- New: FBP now permanently saves your video volume preference, to avoid Facebook setting it back to max volume each time you open a new video.
- New: Displays a warning if user accidentally puts CSS code into FBP‘s Text Filter box
- Fixed: Newsfeed filtering, in some instances FBP’s filtering stopped working completely due to a Facebook code change. This is fixed now.
- Fixed: “Show Log Out Button” option, this option had stopped working due to a Facebook code change, it should work ok again now.
- Fixed: the hide “Saved links” option
- New: added option to hide the “Account Switcher” button (located under the “Top Nav Bar Options” heading on the FBP options screen)
- Added: hiding the “Choose Friends to Tag” box to the hide “Auto Tag Suggestions” option
- Fixed: send message button on Pages when full screen chat option is turned on
- Fixed: hidden photos in messenger if a background colour was set
- Fixed: hide “Wrote on Timeline” option
- Fixed: Stopped notifications dropdown from going blank occasionally when the “Sort Notifications Chronologically” option is turned on. (Please note: There was a bug in the release of v24.0.0 where the notifications would not actually get sorted, this was fixed in the release of v24.0.1 However there was a bug in 24.0.1 where the notifications would sometimes disappear, this is fixed in 24.0.2)
- Fixed: hiding Sponsored shared posts (ads)
- Fixed: switching to “Most recent” posts on Timeline aka Profile pages if the “News sort: Most Recent” option is turned on
Its also worth noting that I’ve upgraded the security on the FBPURITY.COM website so it uses HTTPS by default, so you can be sure your downloads from this site have not been tampered with.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension available directly from the Microsoft Edge store So the old method of installing the FBP GM Script via the Tampermonkey extension is no longer required. If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera is now initially installed from this site via the “Inline” install method which actually sideloads the extension from the official Opera extensions website. Once it has been installed in that manner or via the Opera extensions site itself, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site, the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page.
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera . It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 430,000 users worldwide.
P.S. Tips for Mobile users who want to access Facebook on the move
Although there is no FBP mobile app available, for security and privacy reasons, I advise you not to use any of Facebook’s apps as they require access to everything on your phone. Its safer and better for your privacy to access Facebook via the mobile website. If you use the standard Facebook mobile website m.facebook.com you will notice you can’t access your messages on that version of the site, there is however a more basic version of the website that does let you send and receive messages, the other bonus is that there are apparently no ads on the site and it loads much quicker, to access the basic FB mobile website go here: mbasic.facebook.com
- FB Purity v22.0.0 is out now, with an Easy hide post (X) Button + Chronological Notifications option + more…
- FB Purity v9.9.3 Fixes the FBP settings link in the top nav bar, and various other things
- FB Purity v10.5.0 released. Choose from over 650 different fonts, plus more bug fixes.
- FB Purity v13.4.1 gives you access to the Friends Feed and also fixes filtering for list pages