FB Purity V21.0.0 is out, it fixes various things, and adds a few new things :)
Changes in this release:
- Fixed: the hide “Shared a link” option (it now hides all shared external links)
- Fixed: the following “Hide right column link” options “Stories“, “Your Pages” and “Watchlist“
- Fixed: Added hiding “Advertiser sponsored-poll” to the “Hide sponsored box / posts” option, previously those advertiser polls were not getting hidden.
- Fixed: Custom reactions weren’t working for some people, but should work ok again now.
- New: Hide “Left column link” option : “Explore Feed“
- New: Added “Explore Feed” to the newsfeed drop down menu at the top left of the newsfeed. Also added FBP filtering to the explore feed. The Explore feed menu link can be hidden if you tick the option to hide it under the Hide “Left Column Links” section.
- Fixed: newsfeed selector menu (If the user has selected to hide any of the left column link feeds that FBP has added to the drop down menu, they will now also be hidden from the drop down menu)
- New: Added hide “Link this comment” box that appears when you reply to a “Recommendation” request post, to the “Stop auto tag suggestions” option
- New: Added “Next unread” and “New notification/s from” popups (That appear under the globe icon) to the “Hide popup notifications” option.
- New: Stopped FBP from running on facebook.com/business and facebook.com/ads/manager because it was interfering with the functionality on those sub-sites.
- New: Added a “Reset Settings” link, that lets you more easily reset your FBP settings back to their initial default settings if you ever have any problems. If you are resetting for troubleshooting purposes, make sure you backup your settings first before resetting, which you can do using the Export Settings link, that way you will be able to easily restore your settings again if you need to.
- Fixed: “Show deactivated friends” functionality. Previously it was stalling until the user started to scroll the page down, the function should start automatically once the “Show deactivated friends” link is clicked, and it will also show you how many friends it has processed and how many are left to go, instead of leaving you wondering if its actually working or not. (The “Show deactivated friends” link is added at the top of your friends page at https://fb.com/me/friends/ )
- New: Hide the FB triangle menu (located in top nav bar) links if the corresponding hide left column link option is turned on (Menu links affected by this are: Create Page, Create Group, Manage Groups, Create Fundraiser, Create Ad, Advertising on Facebook. This makes the Facebook drop down menu much less cluttered.
- New: Added “Instant Games” to the hide “Game/App requests” “Hide right column links” option
- Fixed: redirect problem for workplace.facebook.com, beta.facebook.com and m.facebook.com, where if you visited those URLs you would get redirected to www.facebook.com (If you had the “News sort: Most Recent” option turned on)
- New: options to hide the “Add files” and “Start a plan” buttons in Chat (aka Messenger)
- New: option to hide “Coloured boxes in status update box“. the option is located under the “Fonts, Colors & Design” heading on the FBP options screen.
- New: option to hide posts in the newsfeed that feature the “Products shown:” box underneath them (Option is located under the Various Story Types heading)
- New: an option to let you change the “f” logo image at the top left.
This option is located in the “Top Nav Bar Options” section. Some example logo images you can try out are:
Skull and Crossbones : https://i.imgur.com/ZHUhnhH.png
Twitter : https://i.imgur.com/NP9BIyn.png
Google : https://i.imgur.com/inscUrc.png
G+(Google Plus) : https://i.imgur.com/ohWnKXH.jpg
Evil Corp : https://i.imgur.com/GfUzJKl.png
Evil Corp alt : https://i.imgur.com/QpqTRuY.png
Myspace: : https://i.imgur.com/IMjdKtn.png
Sunshine : https://i.imgur.com/3s2ZwBc.gif
Playboy : https://i.imgur.com/Z9iFgz4.gif
- New: option titled “Highlight Public Posts“, this option adds “**PUBLIC POST**” in bright red text at the top of any public posts in the newsfeed. This option may be useful for people who don’t want to “like” or accidentally comment on public posts for privacy reasons.
- Changed: moved the Hide “Newsfeed” option to top of “Newsfeed filters” section of the FBP options screen and renamed it Hide “The Whole Newsfeed“
- Changed: moved the “Bring back square profile icons” option to the “Fonts, colour and design” section of the FBP options screen.
- Fixed: the broken FBP fan page news icon in the left column
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of FB Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension available directly from the Microsoft Edge store So the old method of installing the FBP GM Script via the Tampermonkey extension is no longer required. If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I have updated the extension.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Chrome Users of FB Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 451,000 users worldwide.
- FB Purity V20.1.3 is out, fixing various things, and adding some new things :)
- FBP v23.0.0 is out, fixing the ad hiding, and chronological notification sorting, fixing bubble comments, plus lots of other fixes and new options
- FBP News Roundup : Multiple issues affecting FBP plus solutions
- FBP 23.2.2 Fixes the hide sponsored posts (ads) on Facebook option