F.B. Purity v15.0.1 has been released
F.B. Purity v15.0.1 Changes Summary:
- Fixed the FBP link not showing in the top nav bar for some people
- Fixed the “Hide Post” menu opening when newsfeed was loaded
- Fixed the slowdown some users were experiencing
- Fixed various Top Nav Bar options
- Fixed new user welcome screen not showing
- Fixed attending event filter
- Fixed “Live Grid” functionality on the “Live Video” page.
- Fixed descriptions in shared links sometimes not showing if the “Show Full URL” option was on
- Fixed compatibility with Maxthon 4.9
- New: Added a hide “Fundraisers” left column option
- New: Added a hide “Today’s Games” right column option
*** UPDATE ** Late additional fixes (if you have already installed v15.0.1 and dont have the fixes below, you will need to re-install FBP to get them)
- Fixed “Revert Bubble Chat” option (Facebook have changed the design of the chat windows, this option changes it back to how it was before)
- Fixed Facebook are testing a new design for the Status Update box, where when you click in the box to start typing your status, the rest of the page goes dark. This version now fixes that, by changing the status box to how it was before.
- Fixed Hide “Your Posts” link option
- Fixed Hiding the “Find Friends” link in the top nav bar
Important News for Chrome users of FBP:
Facebook’s legal team have made Google remove the Chrome extension from the Chrome Webstore due to claimed Trademark Infringement. I am in the process of getting this resolved. Until that is sorted, the install/update process for the Chrome extension has changed. You now need to save the extension to your computer, then drag it on to the Chrome Extensions page. (Full instructions for doing this are shown on the Install Page in red text below the green “Install F.B. Purity” button)
Install / Update the latest version of F.B. Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the F.B. Purity Install Page.
If you have any problems or questions with/about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
**News Update Regarding Facebook notifications for “X new posts” on the FBP Fan Page**
Facebook have changed some code regarding the notifications for the FB Purity Fan Page and it seems to be rather buggy, it is posting notifications that there are new posts when there aren’t any. The solution is to hover over the “Like” button on the FB Purity Fan Page and unsubscribe from notifications. You no longer need Facebook’s notifications because the FB Purity extension now has its own notification system for new posts on the FBP Fan Page built in (make sure you have the “Show FBP News Notifications” box ticked under the “Text Filter” box on the FBP options screen to receive FBP News notifications)
FBP TIP: If you are being blitzed by posts about “Pokemon Go” in your newsfeed and want them gone. Putting the words pokemon and pokémon into FBP‘s Text Filter box should filter out most pokemon posts. Or if you want greater coverage, heres a longer list of keywords/phrases you can put into the Text Filter box, that should filter out even more Pokemon related posts:
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FBP has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc.