F.B. Purity v14.0.1 has been released. Fixing various issues, and adds some new functionality.
Summary of Changes in FBP 14.1.0:
- New: Added an option to make “Friends Feed” the default,”News Sort: Friend Feed“. The Friends feed is basically the newsfeed featuring only posts from your friends, none from Pages that you have liked, so it loads much quicker, if you just want to catch up on what your friends are doing.
(Please note: Choose either the “Friends Feed” or “Most Recent” option or neither, if you select both options, it will just default to “Friends Feed” which is naturally sorted by most recent anyway.
- New: The “Z” keyboard shortcut for the ‘Zap “name tag only” comments’ function, now also zaps comments that feature words/phrases in your Text Filter box.
- Fixed: Fixed the “Top Nav Bar” colour / image/ logout button options
- Fixed: The “Sort Feed: Most Recent” option should work again now. Please note that I’ve changed the name of option to “News Sort: Most Recent”.
- Fixed: Filtering app/game posts in the news ticker in the right hand column.
- Fixed: Hide “Liked Page” filter (previously it was also filtering out extra posts that it shouldn’t have)
- Fixed: The “Show/Hide” toggle functionality on the “Apps/Extras” links at the top of the newsfeed should be working better now
- Fixed: Hide “Wrote on wall” filter
Install / Update the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install FB Purity” button on the FB Purity Install Page
N.B If you are using Chrome, you may be able to update by ticking the “Developer Mode” box at the top of the browser’s extensions management page, and then clicking the “Update extensions now” button. If that doesn’t work, you will need to install via the drag and drop method explained on the install page. Or another way to do it would be to export your settings via the FBP options screen, then remove the existing version of FBP via the extensions management page, then goto the install page and install fbp by clicking the green button. Then once its installed, import your settings again.
If you have any problems or questions with/about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you if friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, let you stay on the Most Recent feed permanently and lots more. FBP has been reviewed and highly recommended in none other than the Washington Post!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!