FB Purity v22.0.0 is out now, with an Easy “X” hide posts Button + Chronological Notifications option + more…
Changes in this release:
- New: I’ve added an “X” button at the top right of all posts in newsfeed, clicking the X will hide the post, and saves you having to do multiple mouse operations to hide a post in the newsfeed that you don’t want to see. (If you don’t like having the X button on all posts, you can hide it using some custom CSS code, see the FB Purity CSS page for more info )
- New: “Sort Notifications Chronologically” option, located under the new “Notification Options” section of the FBP options screen. This option shows the popup notifications that appear when you click the globe icon in the correct time order, rather than the order Facebook thinks you would like to see them in.
- New: Set “Notifications background colour” option, located under the new “Notification Options” section of the FBP options screen. Facebook’s default unread notification background colour can be hard to distinguish from that of the read notifications.
- Moved the “Hide popup notifications” option to the new “Notifications Options” section of the FBP options screen. This option now also hides the “Next Unread” and “New Notification from:” popup that sometimes pops up below the globe icon in the top navigation bar.
- New: Option to hide the “Related section” on full screen video pages (the option is located under hide right column links section)
- New: I’ve fixed it so you don’t need to be logged in to view “Like Pages” aka “Fan Pages” anymore, previously if you tried to view a Fan Page while you were logged out, Facebook would badger you to log-in otherwise it wont show you the page.
- New: The “Hide Events box” option now also hides “Celebration” events in the right column (e.g. marriages, engagements etc)
- Moved (and renamed) “Normalize Colored/Big Font Statuses” to the “Font, Colour & Design” section
Important Information for Chrome Users of FB Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of FB Purity
FB Purity is now available as an official Microsoft Edge extension available directly from the Microsoft Edge store So the old method of installing the FBP GM Script via the Tampermonkey extension is no longer required. If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store for a day or two after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera . It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 390,000 users worldwide.
- FB Purity Update v8.5.2 – Fixes TL button for graph search bar, hide emoticons option + some font setting display fixes
- FB Purity v10.3.0 : Customise Facebook with background images, plus other cool options for getting Facebook under control
- F.B. Purity HotFix Release Fixes the “Hide Post” menu location (puts it back to the top)
- FB Purity v14.0.0 Fixes feed filtering for Firefox & the FF add-on is now signed!