FB Purity V19.0.1 is out, it fixes various things, and adds a few new things :)
Changes in this release:
- Fixed: Left shift of newsfeed layout ( certain FBP options were causing the newsfeed to shift to the left and obscure the left column )
- Fixed: “Expand news column” option (see previous fix)
- Fixed: “News Sort: Most Recent” option. It wasnt working for some people, that should be fixed now.
- Fixed: posts in certain group pages not showing up when hide sponsored box option was turned on.
- Fixed: problem with “Hide nagging questions” option, where it was hiding certain Timeline pages
- Fixed: The Trending Box Options button was not showing up in certain circumstances and also fixed the positioning of the Trending Box Options panel (the box wasnt showing on the screen for people with low resolution screen settings)
- Fixed: The background colour of Selected text in Messenger
- Fixed: Hiding the ad for the Facebook Messenger app on the Messenger page
- Fixed: Obscured delete buttons in messages when revert bubble chat turned on
- Fixed: “Show Log Out Button” option, the show logout button option had stopped working, due to a Facebook code change, it also stopped the Facebook menu from opening. This is now fixed.
- Fixed: Fixed: Clear advertising interests function and partial fix for the clear advertisers button on Facebook’s Ad Prefs page
- New: Added “Tell us what you think” type posts to the “Hide Nagging Questions” filter (located uner the “Timeline Options” heading on the FBP options screen.
- Fixed: Removing the Background colour from shared statuses, if the hide background colour option (Hide “Coloured Statuses” under the “Status / Wall Stories” heading on the FBP options screen) is turned on.
- Fixed: Event discovery page filters (if you clicked on the filters in the left column of the Event Discovery page, they wouldnt work if FBP was enabled)
- Fixed: Marketplace search (marketplace search wasnt working with FBP enabled)
- Fixed: Hide “Your Profile Link” option under the “Left Column Options” heading on the FBP options screen.
- New: Added “Pages Feed” and “Groups Feed” to list of dropdown options on Newsfeed menu at the top of the left column.
- New: Added links to mobile notifications page for Page Admins as the notification links on the mobile site go direct to the comments etc.
- New: Added a Newsfeed filter option to hide “Looking for Recommendations” stories
- New: updated the “Hide nagging questions” option to hide nags in the “Intro box” on your Timeline page asking you to update certain information and add “Featured photos”
- New: Option to hide “Town Hall” left column link
- New: “Hide Messenger Button” option in the “Top Nav Bar Options” section
- Removed: “Freeze left column” option (it was causing too many problems)
- Turn off Post Tabs: For anyone wondering how to turn off the new Popup Tab Notifications that Facebook are testing out on some people, check the following infographic, or click the image to go to the post about it on the FBP Fan page and see the image full screen.
Important Information for Chrome Users of FB Purity
If you have installed the FBP Chrome extension via the “Inline Install” method (by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FBP Install page) or directly via the Chrome Webstore, you should now receive automatic updates, though you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update Extensions Now” button (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for the real F.B. Purity in the Chrome Webstore
All other FBP users can update to the latest version of FB Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: http://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those who have generously donated! :)
Please also tell all your Facebook friends and family about FBP too, cheers!
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Maxthon. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 336,000 users worldwide.
- FB Purity v14.1.0 fixes top nav bar issues & other bugs & adds new functionality
- FBP V18.0.0 is out, it fixes the Revert Bubble Chat option and has new options for customising the Trending Box
- F.B. Purity v14.8.0 – Hide Live Box in right column and Discover Groups in left column
- FB Purity v14.3.1 Fixes Expand News Column, Adds WebFont Preview box plus lots of bugfixes