FB Purity v33.2.0 is out now, with lots of Bug Fixes, and a few new Features.
Whats new in FB Purity v33.2.0
- Fixed the Hide Auto Tag Suggestions option. This option stops Facebook suggesting random names to tag while you are typing a post or a comment, and when you do wish to tag someone, just type an @ symbol as that will manually trigger starting the tagging function.
- Added Marketplace Sponsored ad blocking.
- Added Watch feed Sponsored video blocking (blocks top level video posts, not in stream video ads, or the sponsored box that appears below videos in the Watch feed)
- Fixed the “Normalize Colored / Big Font Statuses” option (located under the “Font, Colour & Design” heading on the FBP options screen)
- Fixed the “Show more friends” option in the Chat list (it squeezes more names in to the visible part of the list, so you dont need to scroll it so much) The option is located under the “Chat Options” heading on the FBP options screen.
- Fixed the “Hide Group Conversations” option, it hides the bit at the bottom of the chat list) and the option is located under the “Chat Options” heading, on the FBP options screen.
- Fixed the “Hide offline friends in chat” option. Option is located under the “Chat Options” heading.
- Fixed the hide “Birthdays” and “Your Pages” (right column link options) It should also now hide the “Sponsored” header in the right column, as well as hiding the actual Sponsored ads.
- New Newsfeed filter option hide “Donated to a fundraiser“, located under the “Newsfeed Filters” heading on the FBP options screen.
- Added “Clear Categories” button for clearing ad targeting categories at https://www.facebook.com/adpreferences/ad_settings / on the “Categories used to reach you” section.
- Fixed adding a shortcut/link in the left column of the Newsfeed for “F.B. Purity News“. If you don’t want this link there, just tick the option to hide it, under the “Left Column Links” section of the FBP options screen.
The new version is currently only available for Chrome, Firefox & GM Script. The Edge & Opera versions will become available when those companies approve the update (Its probably better to just install the Chrome version of the extension in those browsers, as both Edge and Opera are compatible with Chrome extensions and Google approves the updates much faster)
If you have the Hide Auto Tag Suggestions option turned on, you will find the search suggestions via the search box in the top navigation bar will also be hidden, and so will the search suggestions on the search box for Pages and Groups. This is a bug, I will see what I can do to fix this. (UPDATE:- This bug is fixed in FBP v33.1.1)
If you have the “Hide Profile Hovercards” option turned on, and hover your mouse over the list of names in the Chat box in the right hand column the hovercards will show there, but also the Chat list may disappear, so if you want to use that option, please be aware of this issue, and either avoid mousing over that section, or else turn the Chat List box off, via the Facebook 3 dots menu at the top of the chat list.
The “Normalize Coloured / Big Font Statuses” option removes the colours and images and makes the font size smaller, but doesnt yet collapse the size of the post, as I’ve not figured out a way to do that yet.
Important Information for Chrome Users of F.B. Purity
FBP Chrome Update Process: After FB Purity for Chrome is first installed, you should from then on receive automatic updates (Chrome checks for extension updates once every 5 hours). If you don’t want to wait, and know an update is available you can force an update by turning on “Developer Mode” on the Chrome extensions management page, then clicking the “Update” button at the top of the page (make sure you don’t have any facebook tabs open, so Chrome can unload the existing version first).
To let other Google Chrome users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Google Chrome Webstore
Important information for Firefox users of F.B. Purity
Once you have installed the Firefox version of FB Purity, it should auto-update itself when I release new versions. Firefox users who are getting the “Connection Failure” error when trying to install FBP should know this is a known bug in Firefox that occurs if you are using Antivirus software that monitors your web browsing. The work-around, as mentioned in the FAQ is to right click on the install button, then select save, then install the extension by dragging and dropping it on to the Firefox extension management page. This Firefox bug can also prevent Firefox from automatically updating FBP when new versions are released.
Important Information for Microsft Edge users of F.B. Purity
If you install the official Edge FBP extension from the Microsoft Edge store, it should auto-update when new versions are released in future. Be aware however that the Microsoft Store has a slow (manual) approval process for accepting extension updates, so the new version will not show up in the Microsoft Store until a few days after I release an extension update.
To let other Microsoft Edge users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity in the Microsoft Edge Store
Important Information for Opera users of F.B. Purity
The FB Purity extension for Opera needs to be installed via the official Opera Add-ons site, which is where the green Install F.B. Purity button will take you to. Once it has been installed from there, whenever updates to the FBP extension are uploaded and approved on the Opera extensions site (this process can take a few days after an FBP update is published), the version of FBP in your browser should auto-update at some point. It can sometimes be triggered by closing the browser, waiting a bit and re-opening it, there is also an “Update Extensions Now” button on the Opera extensions management page, which if clicked will update all your Opera extensions to the latest versions. In order for the extension to update you may need to first close any open Facebook tabs.
To let other Opera users know that FBP is safe and a great way to clean up Facebook Please leave a 5* review for F.B. Purity on the Opera Extensions Page
Important Information for users of the Brave Browser
FB Purity can now be easily installed in the latest release of the Brave browser by going to the FB Purity Chrome Webstore page and clicking the “Add to Chrome” button, once installed it will also autoupdate when new FBP releases are made.
Users of the Greasemonkey Script version of FB Purity can update to the latest version of F.B. Purity by clicking the green “Install F.B. Purity” button on the FB Purity Install page on FBPURITY.COM and then following the on screen instructions.
Get FB Purity here: https://fbpurity.com
If you have any problems with or questions about FBP, please use the available help resources on this website, including the FBP User Guide, and FBP FAQ page which includes a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide that you should follow if you have any problems.
If you wish to support FB Purity, please Donate to ensure the continuation of this project. Many heartfelt thanks to those people who have generously donated! :)
Please tell all your friends about F.B. Purity too, as I’m sure they will appreciate it. One way you can help spread the word about FBP, is to go to https://fb.com/fluffbustingpurity and click the “Invite Your Friends To Like this Page” link that appears in the left column, then invite all your friends.
Facebook driving you crazy? Don’t get mad, Get FB Purity!
FB Purity Overview:
For those who don’t already know, FB Purity is a safe, free and top rated web browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera & Brave. It lets you clean up the junk and customize Facebook the way you want it to be. It has many cool features, such as hiding all the ads, alerting you when friends un-friend you, letting you change the site’s colours, fonts and background image, it lets you stay on the “Most Recent” feed permanently and lots more. FB Purity has been reviewed and highly recommended in many places including the Washington Post, CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, GetConnected etc and has over 476,000 users worldwide.